Search This Blog

Thursday, July 5, 2012

52 Weeks of Fitness: Week 26 Recap

For the year of 2012, I have made a yearlong commitment to better fitness and health that will change my life forever. The way I see it, I've been "talking the talk" for way too long - it's about time I start walking. The plan is to use workouts from The New Rules of Lifting, gradually start eating better, and try out plenty of fun healthy activities along the way. Here's how I fared this week:

Lifting:

This was Week One of Four in the New Rules' "Strength II" Phase. The Strength point is where the focus shifts to the improving the weights instead of what you see in the mirror. 

The "A" workout this week used the Squat (I substituted the Leg Press). I used 250 for sets of 4 reps, but I think I can do more!

"B" is an upper-body workout of Bent-over row and Bench Press. Nothing exciting to report here, other than I'm maintaining my ability to use heavier weights on Bench Press!

"C"was an interesting workout - Deadlift, followed by Rack Deadlift at a higher weight. I think I might see some cool gains here.

"D" is made up of shoulders and back-dominated lifts for an upper-body bonanza. Fun stuff. Wide-grip Lat pulldowns are one of the main lifts, and I really overestimated my abilities there. Nothing like an ego check!

Nutrition:

Nutrition wasn't so hot this week. Binged three times on calories, but at least my protein is still there!.

That's all for Week 26, only 26 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment