Search This Blog

Thursday, July 5, 2012

52 Weeks of Fitness: Week 25 Recap

For the year of 2012, I have made a yearlong commitment to better fitness and health that will change my life forever. The way I see it, I've been "talking the talk" for way too long - it's about time I start walking. The plan is to use workouts from The New Rules of Lifting, gradually start eating better, and try out plenty of fun healthy activities along the way. Here's how I fared this week:

Lifting:

This was Week Four of Four in the New Rules' "Strength I" Phase. The Strength point is where the focus shifts to the improving the weights instead of what you see in the mirror. 

Monday was the "A" workout, which was a decent Leg Press workout. Trashed my legs pretty well, which was fun.

Tuesday was "B," which is an upper-body workout. Something cool happened here - I matched weight on regular bench press on something I had previously done on the smith machine!

Thursday was "C," the deadlift workout I had done only once before. My ego inflated so much when I pulled 225 pounds off the floor!

Friday was the Upper-body "D" workout, with chin-ups and shoulder presses serving as the main lifts. I really need to get my shoulders checked sometime, to be honest. I think the position is pretty far out of whack, and it shows when I attempt shoulder presses.


Nutrition:
One binge of over 500 calories, but everything was mostly healthier. My protein counts are starting to come up again!

That's all for Week 25, only 27 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment