Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

52 Weeks of Fitness: Week 14 recap

For the year of 2012, I have made a yearlong commitment to better fitness and health that will change my life forever. The way I see it, I've been "talking the talk" for way too long - it's about time I start walking. The plan is to use workouts from The New Rules of Lifting, gradually start eating better, and try out plenty of fun healthy activities along the way. Here's how I fared this week:

Lifting:

This was Week Three of Eight in the New Rules' "Hypertrophy II" Phase. The Hypertrophy point is where muscle-building takes center stage, so I'm getting YOKED. 

Monday was a pure hypertrophy workout for upper body push movements. Nothing eventful to report here, other than not being able to complete my third set of bodyweight dips (8 reps instead of 12).

Wednesday was a high-rep, low set day for the lower body. Made it through two sets of 25 on the deadlift feeling like a boss, and then was quickly humbled yet again by failing grip strength. Made up for it by really dragging out and punishing myself on that day's core exercise: Incline reverse crunches.

Friday's workout was put off, and skipped. For shame.

Nutrition:

Still dirty nutrition this week, but again only one calorie binge!

That's all for Week 14, only 38 more to go!

1 comment:

  1. Abs while doing abdominal exercise in a dynamic way indicates getting away from the traditional crunches and focusing on building core strength. Core training strengthens muscles that stabilize the body. It helps to keep the torso in place while strengthening and firming abdominal muscles.

    ReplyDelete