Search This Blog

Saturday, March 3, 2012

52 Weeks of Fitness: Week 8 Recap

For the year of 2012, I have made a yearlong commitment to better fitness and health that will change my life forever. The way I see it, I've been "talking the talk" for way too long - it's about time I start walking. The plan is to use workouts from The New Rules of Lifting, gradually start eating better, run (either HIIT or for distance) on off-days, and do Kelly Starrett's Mobility WOD Project  Workouts. Here's how I fared this week:

Lifting:

This was Week Four of Six in the New Rules' "Hypertrophy I" Phase. The Hypertrophy point is where muscle-building takes center stage, so it's time to GET SWOLE. 

On Monday I had to skip a workout, but I still managed to squeeze in some bodyweight stuff at home (moving between explosive and superslow pushups, bodyweight rows, handstand walkouts, etc).

Wednesday I threw up more weight than I have before on a "B" workout. Feels good to squat and deadlift just 10 pounds more!

Friday I got to hit the gym for an "A" workout again. No progress to report here.

Nutrition:


I decided to start bulking a bit, since this is the hypertrophy phase. Chocolate milk is my new best friend.

Running/HIIT:

Did some sprinting on Wednesday with the sloppiest form EVER. Not sure if it's my crappy form in general (likely) or just the way I was feeling after working out (also likely)

I also did a Tabata style workout (20 sec all-out, 10 sec low intensity "working rest") on the rower on Friday.


Mobility WOD:

Still not keeping up with these... I have had a bunch of random expenses crop up, and I need to purchase some basic equipment to continue through the MWOD workouts. So I'll have to jump back on after I weather this storm.

That's all for Week 8, just 44 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment