Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2012

52 Weeks of Fitness: Week 6 Recap

For the year of 2012, I have made a yearlong commitment to better fitness and health that will change my life forever. The way I see it, I've been "talking the talk" for way too long - it's about time I start walking. The plan is to use workouts from The New Rules of Lifting, gradually start eating better, run (either HIIT or for distance) on off-days, and do Kelly Starrett's Mobility WOD Project  Workouts. Here's how I fared this week:

Lifting:

This was Week Two of Six in the New Rules' "Hypertrophy I" Phase. The Hypertrophy point is where muscle-building takes center stage, so it's time to GET SWOLE. 


Monday and Wednesday passed by with little concern, although the leg-focused workouts (squat, deadlift, split-squats, and step ups) are KILLING me.

Friday had to be cut short because my roommate and I were in a huge hurry to drive out to Louisiana.

Saturday had to be skipped again because we were out of town. Shame.

Nutrition:

I'm very proud of my nutrition, calories-wise. Only two small binges. However I do need to get my protein intake up (average was 103.9 g daily) about 30-40 g per day on average.


Running/HIIT:

Running went downhill again this week, sadly. Still not top priority, so I'm not terribly concerned.


Mobility WOD:

Still not keeping up with these... I have had a bunch of random expenses crop up, and I need to purchase some basic equipment to continue through the MWOD workouts. So I'll have to jump back on after I weather this storm.

That's all for Week 6, just 46 more to go!


p.s. This post is SO late that I'm posting it just minutes before the week that follows it. Sorry to anyone following!

No comments:

Post a Comment