Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

52 Weeks of Fitness: Week 3 Recap

For the year of 2012, I have made a yearlong commitment to better fitness and health that will change my life forever. The way I see it, I've been "talking the talk" for way too long - it's about time I start walking. The plan is to use workouts from The New Rules of Lifting, gradually start eating better, run (either HIIT or for distance) on off-days, and do Kelly Starrett's Mobility WOD Project  Workouts. Here's how I fared this week:

Lifting:


This was Week Three of Four in the New Rules' "Break-In" Phase. The Break-In point is where baseline strength standards will supposedly be established. Since this is one of the lighter parts of the year, I'm adding in Doberman Dan's 31 Days to Bigger Arms arm workouts.

Monday went alright. I maintained weights at the levels from the previous workout, and only moved up in added weight on the crunch. I also moved up in the Bigger Arms weights too.

Wednesday went MUCH better. I bumped up weight on almost all of the lifts (the exception to this was the one-arm DB shoulder press, which I just removed a counter-balancing weight). In the "Bigger Arms" workouts, Wednesdays are the heavy days, which usually is less fun. I couldn't get my hands on an ez bar, so I had to do those standing curls and lying skullcrushers with a straight bar (which is definitely not fun for my wrists).

Friday was the first awesome day for the "A" workout in a while - I finally broke 95lbs on the squat! I also moved up weight on all of the other exercises, which was exciting.


Nutrition:


This week went surprisingly well on the nutrition front. I kept my main numbers in check, and only binged on Sunday for 250 extra calories!




Running/HIIT:

Nope!


Mobility WOD:



Still not keeping up with these... I have had a bunch of random expenses crop up, and I need to purchase some basic equipment to continue through the MWOD workouts. So I'll have to jump back on after I weather this storm.

That's all for Week 3, just 49 more to go!


ps: I know this post is way late, sorry for the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment