Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

Now Playing #1

Decided to start a semi-weekly series here on the blog to keep up with the media/arts running through my life. Here goes nothing!

BOOKS

- On Writing - Stephen King.

About halfway done with this. It's Stephen King's pieced-together memoir of his life and writing, or more writing and his life. He shares memories, and explains how the craft of writing has shifted in his life over the years. Inspiring for anyone (especially a creative type), in my book. King has a great sense of humor and has certainly seen a lot of highs and lows over the course of his life.

- Walden - Henry David Thoreau

STILL trudging my way through this. The book is deceivingly small, and a bit of a struggle to get through. Still, it's been recommended (or mentioned) to me by several people I look up to, and it's interesting to read about a different take on life.

MUSIC

- Pandora

Made a radio station for the artist You Me & Everyone We Know. Jammin.


- CD

My friend Kat burned me a sweet CD for my birthday, so I'm still checking out her tunes.

MOVIES

- Super 8

Cool flick. Goonies meets Cloverfield (with optical flares everywhere).

- The Last Exorcism

Had great potential, TERRIBLE ending.

- Get Him To The Greek

Funny flick. P Diddy stole the show, but I would LOVE to get the soundtrack.

- Righteous Kill

Pretty bad. Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro shouting about "f*cking perps" for an hour and a half. Twist ending, but easy to call.

- Mr. Brooks

Seen it before, but I never get tired of it. Check it out.

TWITTER

- Follow me!

@cdbuckler

- Best News Source Ever

@BreakingNews

GAMES

- COD Black Ops

I wish. Having withdrawals since I only played it in the dorm at TCU.


That's all, folks!

1 comment: