Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

MAJOR guilt post and overall life update

I haven't posted anything since the day after Valentine's... Ew. I plan to get a lot of really cool posts coming soon, but for now here's a mildly entertaining post - shot straight from the hip.

1) 8tracks

Currently one of my favorite pastimes. It may grow to surpass Last.fm as my favorite online music destination, but we'll have to see on that one.

2) School

I'm definitely still fumbling about in figuring out "my way" of accomplishing things in school. Main goals: get a decent amount of sleep, leave time for extracurricular reading (and blog posting!), get (and hold) a GPA of 3.5 at minimum, settle into a major, and have a good time. Buckle up, this one might be a bumpy ride.

3) Exercise

I am, and always will be, passionate about fitness. But sometimes I forget that despite my outrageous appetite for health info, I'm still inexperienced. On Tuesday, a guy stopped me in the midst of a set of squats at #235 to inform me that I'm "about to f*ck [my] back up." A really straightforward guy who retaught me squatting technique in about 30 seconds - awesome. Dropping weights down to refocus on getting perfect form, and then build back up from there.

4) The "Wow" Moments

I want to try to spend more time in the moments that take my breath away, as cliché as that sounds. Standouts in the past include: serving others on church mission trips, sitting in a coffee shop to listen to my buddy Vince Kelly play some raw and beautiful music, road tripping out to Ennis (TX) to a drive-in movie theater, picnic-ing with my (now ex) girlfriend, and sitting in my friend Alex's backyard at the end of a fantastic Mardi Gras weekend in Thibodaux, LA. How will I make and hold onto more of these? Not sure, but the last one reminds me:

5) Mardi Gras (and Louisiana!)

My beautiful friend Alex is this year's Queen of her family's Krewe, and invited 30-40 of her friends out to Louisiana to celebrate this past weekend. We attended her Tablau, Ball, and caught the Krewe of Ambrosia's parade twice (2 separate locations) the following day. Overall, a whole lot of friends, food, pictures, and fun memories packed into a short period of time. In addition to all of that, I was reminded of how much I enjoy Louisiana - especially Cajun culture (and food). I'll have to find a way to keep going back. Hmm....

6) College Major/Minor

If you put a gun to my head and forced me to pick an area of study RIGHT NOW, my choice would probably be this:
  • Double Major in Strategic Communications (Advertising and Public Relations) & Psychology
  • Minor in Environmental Technology and Management
  • University Honors
The issue? I don't know if that's all possible to accomplish within 4 years. 

7) Maths

Been a while since I've seen this one, but my neighbor reminded me how funny it is. Try to catch all of the random humor! Our favorite: The option to set Calculator to "stun."


That's all for now, stay tuned folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment