Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowy Day Posting

Greetings! I'm sitting at my desk on the 2nd day of closed campus due to snow and ice here at TCU.

* Update: School is officially closed for tomorrow, as well *

Whew, back from hallway celebration. Now for the real post.

Today, February 2, 2011, marks the 1 month anniversary of this humble blog. It's been fun thus far, and hopefully will be for some time to come. A few developments since that first post:
  • My second semester at TCU started. No more (official) marching band rehearsals, only 1 honors class, and a more explorative approach to class selection. I came to college chomping on the bit to progress as fast as possible, but I've since realized that I need to actually figure out my field of study before I blitz through it. So far this semester has been a lot of fun socially, but marginally less successful than the last. I have a lighter class load, but I find myself a bit lazier because of it. So let's buckle down, get a plan together, manage time better, and reread Kick Ass in College.
  • I bought Tim Ferriss's The Four Hour Body. So far, it's been immensely popular among my circle of friends (about 5 friends trying to borrow it) and has been an enjoyable read for me as well. Although currently I'm preparing for the Spartan Sprint, I plan to use the 28 days after the race to test out Tim's "From Geek to Freak" section for myself. Also, my roommate is exploring a few polyphasic sleep ideas and soon will test out some of the sleep products recommended in the 4HB.
  • I've made some progress in deciding on a major. I've really enjoyed my Public Relations class since Day 1, and I'm going to really seriously explore Strategic Communications as my major.
  • I got a Twitter! And I'm officially back in the ranks of a social media rookie. I have to get one for a PR project, but so far it hasn't been too much of a chore.
  • On that Twitter, I exposed this blog to the public for the first time in a link to my education rant. Not a huge deal, since I just got the Twitter and don't really have any presence there yet. But this did result in my first comment, from my friend across the hall at TCU. I also emailed that link to my parents, who seem to have enjoyed it - but I don't think they realize that post is just one of many on this blog. Oh well!

An uneventful semester thus far, but I plan to pack many experiences in before this sucker is through. If you're looking for cool further reading, check out The Christian Science Monitor's coverage of People Making a Difference. Lots of cool stories showcasing - you guessed it - people making a difference. It may sound a bit hokey, but I find it a cool and positive news angle to keep you aware of the world's events. Until next time, live the dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment