Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

StrengthsFinder

Today marks (hopefully) a new step towards deciding on a college major.

I took an online assessment called StrengthsFinder, which is provided by Gallup. After completing this assessment, I was assigned 5 strength "Themes," which apparently describe me based on StrengthsFinder's criteria. These 5 were:

  • Futuristic: People who are especially talented in the Futuristic theme are inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their visions of the future.
  • Input: People who are especially talented in the Input theme have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information.
  • Includer: People who are especially talented in the Includer theme are accepting of others. They show awareness of those who feel left out, and make an effort to include them.
  • Learner: People who are especially talented in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.
  • Restorative: People who are especially talented in the Restorative theme are adept at dealing with problems. They are good at figuring out what is wrong and resolving it.
For the most part, I agree with these Themes. I've always been seeking out information and advice to improve my future, so Input and Futuristic make sense (in fact, one might say I consider what the future holds a tad too much). I've been an Includer since a child, it's what I was raised to be. And a Learner is one of my most proud traits - that I'm always seeking news pursuits. The only Theme that doesn't fully make sense to me is Restorative. I think I'm alright at solving problems, maybe even great at it - but I never considered it one of my Top 5 traits.

Hopefully I'll be able to grasp a better understanding of what these mean in class today (roughly 30 min away). I'll try to post a follow-up in my newly-enlightened state later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment